Gabriel's Story

Gabriel Grant Saville January 26, 2009 - July 12, 2010

On the night of Saturday, July 10, 2012 Gabe and Isaac were watching a movie upstairs in David and I’s room. We were downstairs and with the girls. Isaac came downstairs and said Gabie is dead. I went right up to see if he was just sleeping. I found him on my bed on his tummy with blue eyelids and blue lips. Katie immediately got David and he in turn immediately called 911. We started CPR with coaching from the dispatcher. The Ambulance was very fast and we got Gabe to the hospital very quickly. When we arrived he had already flat lined and they started trying to resuscitate him. It took 45 minutes to get a heart beat back. He was given a wonderful blessing by his Grandpa Egley at that time and then taken to get a CT Scan. Later we were told of the results from the CT Scan. His brain had massive swelling. Usually we have ridge’s in our brain and Gabe’s had no ridges anymore just a smooth surface. His heart was beating on it’s own but he was not breathing on his own. They put him in the PICU and we started waiting for a sign that he was coming back to us. The doctors and nurses were amazing in taking care of him and us. They did test’s to see if his brain stem was functioning normally and in all the tests it was not. They waited 36 hours to make sure none of the tests changed, he had no response to any of the tests and the Neurologist saw no activity on the EEG. We discussed having him be a donor and let the doctor know we were OK with that. Once that decision was made the doctor called time of death on the 12th.  There was an autopsy done to see if they could determine the cause of death but the autopsy didn't bring us any new information all we know is that Gabe watched a movie with his big brother then painlessly fell asleep and went to live with his Father in Heaven.
On Monday, July 12, 2010 we said our goodbyes and held Gabe for the last time, my brother played I Am A Child of God on the Violin and at that time I had a peace come over me that helped me know that Gabe is OK and right where he is needed most. We love him dearly and miss him horribly but we now he’s exactly where he needs to be.
Wednesday, July 13, 2012 at 1am Gabe went to into surgery to have his heart removed it was then taken to California and given to a 6 month old baby boy, Jack. We are proud parents to have such a special baby to come to us in a perfect little body and share so much joy with us. Then he also gave Jack the chance to give his parents that same joy.
Gabriel’s funeral was on Tuesday July 20th. We have been greatly blessed to have so many prayers and blessing  sent to us. We've had so much support and feel more loved than we ever imagined we could.
Thank You!!!!!

If you want to read more about our family and how we made it through that first very difficult year of grieving please follow this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment